Full Job Description
- SALARY: $45,000-$55,000 based on education and experiences
- LOCATION: Dubuque, IA 52001
- OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://schoolspring.com
- COMPANY NAME: Dubuque Community School District
- JOB TYPE:
BASIC FUNCTION: As a Staff Accountant, you will be willing to help the Business Department in many roles. They will play role in:
- Assist accounts payable
- Able to provide backup to every Business and Finance operation
- Assist in the preparation, mending, and maintenance of the District line-item budget
- Help in financial software security and changes
- Accounts receivable
- Able to give training to staff in the financial system
- Make provision of journal entries as demanded
- Must be willing to work hand in hand with the Chief Financial Officer, Director of Finance, and Staff Accountant/Budget Coordinator on multiple tasks
- Able to work on the fiscal year-end reports
- Able to prepare daily reports
- Responsibility for reporting local grants and donations.
- Carrying out assigned duties
- Must be able to maintain District accounts receivable
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION: Must have a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accounting preferred or an equivalent accounting degree.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILL
- Must be knowledgable in the principles of governmental budgetary accounting
- Must be knowledgable in computer operating systems, business office operation machines, and computer pieces of equipment
- Must be capable of creating an active and effective working relationship with other staff members, supervisors, and members from other departments
- Must be capable of carrying out administrative detail independently with high accuracy.
- Able to maintain reports and records.
- Must be able to organize, plan, and supervise the work of other employees.
- Should be able to understand the basic principles of school accounting.
- Ability to get along with other team members.